Monday, August 2, 2010

Post-Baby Body Challenge, Week 2

Hello everyone!

Here I am, checking in with Week 2 of the Post-Baby Body Challenge!  I feel really good about the first week--I achieved (almost) all my goals.  I'm sticking with these goals, and adding new ones to them:

Eating
No snacks after 8pm
I did this every night, except last night, since it was the end of the week, I treated myself to a small cup of Trader Joe's pomegranate/blueberry sherbet. Yum!  This task was a little more difficult than I thought, not because I snack a lot late at night, but because I have been doing my workouts later at night, once Rora is asleep, and after a hard workout, I can get pretty hungry.
Drink a glass of water before any other drink
100% hydrated all week!  I have to say that I think I have had more energy ona regular basis because I'm drinking more water.

New:  One high-protein meal each day; breakfast (omelette or scrambled eggs w/ veggies), lunch (salad w/ protein), or dinner (protein main dish and low-starch side dishes).

Exercise
Two P90X workouts w/ Q
Q had a stressful week, so we ended up only doing one P90X workout together....but I went for two jogs on my own!  I hate running (and I can't go very far since I'm out of shape!) but good music will always motivate me.  Right now I'm running to:  Sleigh Bells' Treats, The Black Keys' Brothers, and Florence+the Machine's Lungs.  Tons of good beats.
Three walks with Aurora  
I only got two walks in--it's been tough to plan around naps and errands and weather.  But no excuses, we need to get out more!

New:  Toning exercises on off-workout days:  Arms.  Push-ups and weights.

Self-Love
Morning pages at least 4 days 
I only got 2 days of writing in...Aurora has been a little feisty in the morning lately and when she goes down for a nap, I have to work.  I need to do better!

New:  Two computer-free evenings once Q gets home...no email, no Facebook, no blogging, no grading!  It's harder than you might think.

And the pics I'm sure you've all been waiting for, Week 2:

God, I'm such a pear.  Textbook.

Trying to stay positive--I give Q credit for taking my pics because they always put me in a bad mood.  But we're going to lighten that cloud with a boxing workout now.

-Manda

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kudos to you for your progress, Manda ! I think that's it's awesome that you've set attainable goals for yourself. For added protein to your meals, I would recommend quinoa because it's a superfood and SO GOOD ! Also, anything by Morningstar Farms like the spicy nuggets or bacon or whatever your fancy because they contain a lot less fat than their meat counterparts, and they are a great source of protein. Bonne chance ! :)