Thursday, July 15, 2010

NEWSFLASH: Baby finally puts toes in mouth after months of trying!!!

I started back to work this week.  My work is online, so I get to stay home with Aurora (I get most of the work done during her naps or after she goes to bed), but I was still cranky after three discussion-board-free weeks.  It's still a month before we get a vacation and even then, my online courses will still be happening so I'll have to work while we're at the beach (albeit with a view of the ocean).  I've also been incredibly emotional/hormonal this week.  Only two things are getting me through:

1.  Jayme and Andrew and their baby bump are coming for the weekend!! (of course, this has provided the added stress of cleaning up the house but it's the good kind of stress).

and

2.  Aurora's toes finally found their way into her mouth!  She's been working at it (in the middle of the night sometimes) with much frustration.  She sucks her thumb to soothe herself, which is adorable, but the toes are HILARIOUS:
She's so proud!  And I love it when she smiles/giggles at me while her toes are in her mouth.  It's the best.

She's also very snuggly and affectionate these days (hmmm, I wonder where she got that from?).  It's my favorite, and as much as I don't want to think about it, I have to remind myself that it won't be like that always.  So even if I'm the middle of something, if she starts fussing, I'm happy to put down what I'm doing, pick her up, breathe in that baby smell, and smother her with kisses!

Someone else also likes to do this when he gets home from work...she gets kisses before I do (and I pretend to be jealous!):
Every day life gets better.  She's the best.  There are no more words.

But there are, of course, always more pictures...




That's all my doting for now--time to get some of the real thing!
Amanda

0 comments: