Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Week 21: The Kid in Me (literally and figuratively)


I know it’s only mid-August, but I can already feel that feeling in the air.  You know what I’m talking about—the anticipation of the change of seasons (cooler weather, leaves changing colors), the start of the new school year (back to structured schedules or better yet, back to school shopping).  It’s been years since I’ve been in school (next year marks 10 years since I’ve graduated high school (!) and my last semester of college was fall of 2004) but there is just something about this year.  Not sure if it’s a mid-pregnancy crisis, but I find myself feeling like a kid again…looking forward to September.  Okay, so I’ve also kind of been acting like a kid as well.  Last night my husband came home to me in pigtail braids (c’mon people….get your head out of the gutter.  It was super humid and my hair was just unruly!).  

Then today at work I looked over at my morning mini-buffet and realized: I was drinking a Capri Sun, and eating Kix and fruit snacks.  Furthermore, my [other] guilty pleasure lately (hello, pregnancy cravings!) has been:  vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce and….sprinkles (I like the added texture, so sue me!).  Well, this week we will find out who’s been enjoying my little flashback diet – a little boy or a little girl (hopefully!  unless the little one’s being shy).   So rather than back to school shopping, you can bet your bottom that I will be baby nursery shopping.  And don’t be surprised if I’m munching on some animal crackers along the way.

Happy Snacking!
xo
Jayme

In these photos:  polka dot dress by Kimchi & Blue (from a consignment shop), vintage scarf (worn as belt), vintage silver bracelets, black fringe sandals (though the outfit would totally look better with some cute red shoes, huh?)


0 comments: