Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Pennsylvania 4th

Since getting married (5 years ago) Andrew and I have unintentionally made the habit of traveling for 4th of July.  But this year, with a baby on board, we ended up sticking close to home and having a low key holiday picnic with my parents.  We had corn on the cob, some cold salads and grilled up hamburgers and hot dogs.  I even made my traditional American flag cake topped with blackberries (picked from our back yard) and strawberries.


It was a gorgeous day but a bit quiet for a holiday.  Lyla was great entertainment (as usual) but I think we all missed having more family around to celebrate with.


We walked to an elementary school down the street from my parents' place and set up our chairs and blankets for a good view of the fireworks.


I was happy to be able to have an extra weekend day to just relax with my little family.  Hope you all had a lovely weekend as well!

xo
Jayme

1 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness, that picture of your dad and Lyla smiling at each other is priceless! It totally made my day! Sounds like a great 4th weekend!