Friday, September 16, 2011

Birthday (in photos)

I turned 28 on Wednesday.  It was a strange birthday for me because I can distinctly remember when my mom was that age.  My little friends would say "your mom is so pretty and young!  how old is she?" and I felt cool telling them she was in her 20s... I was in 4th grade.  I always thought I'd be a 'young mom' too (not that 28 isn't young!) but here I am just starting my family and still feeling a bit like I'm in over my head.  I keep expecting to feel more "grown-up" but so far I still feel like silly little Jayme.  If you're only as old as you feel, I would say I'm about 16 in mind and 50 in physical condition (due to lack of sleep and/or time to exercise).  haha

Okay..now on to too many photos...

My actual birth-day was spent with Lyla and Andrew.  I was treated to homemade breakfast and dinner and a shopping/coffee/lunch outing.

My vintage birthday blouse!  More outfit photos on the Miskabelle blog.

The day before my birthday, my parents made me dinner (gluten free lasagna) and GF cake and ice cream.  Photos above are of Lyla crawling around, being sneaky at my their house.  Makes me wish we had more space for her to explore!  And carpeted space, at that.

 My mom always gets me some pretty mums to plant as a birthday gift.  But my parents' big gift for me this year was a haircut!  I went yesterday... photos soon to come.

So another birthday has come and gone.  But hey, I still have leftover cake and lasagna for days!  So it's all good.

xo
Jayme

2 comments:

Amrita said...

Luv the fotoz, J. Lyla looks like such a happy bb !

4little1s said...

Looks like you had a great birthday party....happy birthday.