Let's get to know the face behind Poly Ollie, Mary:
What does your life outside of Etsy/blogging look like? Right now, my life is Etsy/Poly Ollie and I love it! Outside of Etsy, I live in the beautiful upstate of South Carolina with my husband of 3 years, Martin. I am a stay at home wife and look forward to becoming a stay at home mom in the near future! During the warmer months of the year, I spend much of my time tending to the 17 acres we live on and enjoy every minute of it!
Describe yourself (or ask someone else to do it!) in three words. Sincere, Passionate, Creative
Fall piece you can’t live without: Pashminas! I love how they add a little bit of elegance and style to most outfits.
Most recent fashion-related purchase: A pair of skinny jeans.
Do you craft/make anything else outside of what’s in your shop? I have many hobbies that drive my wonderfully supportive husband crazy! I enjoy sewing, drawing, painting, photography, graphic design, gardening and much, much more!
Any pet peeves? When things in my house become unorganized. (I wish I could blame my husband for this, but it’s all me!!!)
Bad habits. I’m obsessed with the remnant sections in fabric stores!
Desert-island food? Chocolate!
Three bands/singers you can’t get enough of: The Beatles, John Mayer, James Taylor
Another blog you follow regularly: I have just been introduced to the world of blogging, so I hate to admit that I don’t follow any regularly, but aspire to create my own blog so I can share the process of my creations and what inspires me to create with others.
What made you decide to start a shop? I began making bibs to give as baby shower gifts and never thought in a million years that I would attempt to sell them, but here I am doing just that and am so excited to share with others what I love to do! My goal is to create practical items that are both stylish and functional.
Significance of your shop name? My shop is named after our precious 10-year-old Boxer, Ollie.
Favorite item in your shop right now?
Mary is giving one of our lucky readers a chance to win a Poly Ollie reversible terry bib! So cute and they fit over the shoulders through the arms so they are pull proof!
This balloon bib would be adorable for your little birthday girl or boy--or reverse it to use as an everyday cover!
Here's how to enter:
1. Follow our blog! Once you become a follower, just leave a comment below, telling what your favorite item from Poly Ollie is. If you’re already following the blog and our twitter—simply leave a comment, telling us what your favorite item from Poly Ollie is!
2. Follow Miskabelly (@miskabelly) on twitter…and again, just a quick comment to let us know you did (with your twitter user name) and share what your favorite item from Poly Ollie is.
3. Once we tweet about the giveaway, you can re-tweet to gain an extra entry!
4. HEART Miskabelly on Etsy (leave us a comment to let us know!)
5. HEART Poly Ollie on Etsy (leave us a comment again!)
6. "Like" Poly Ollie on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/PolyOllie/169424359757745 ) (leave us a comment!)
This contest will run through next Friday, February 25th and the winner will be chosen by a random number generator.
Manda & Jayme