Thursday, February 24, 2011

Aurora Jaymes Turns 1!

I have been meaning to share this post forever, but how do I sort through 200 photos and choose just a few?  I procrastinated until finally, tonight I have a little time on my hands. WARNING:  image heavy post, but not nearly heavy as it could have been!


Aurora has been having little birthday celebrations here and there. I love celebrating my sweet girl! Our main celebration took place in Pennsylvania with my family--my dad's birthday and my own birthday are within days of Aurora's, so it was one huge party weekend. (Read as:  food coma)

The weekend, in photos:
Aunt Jayme and Lyla
Gorgeous felt birthday sign made by Jayme for Aurora and I! Excited to make it a birthday tradition at our house.

Aurora loves her new piano (and book...and pillow pet)


End of the day on her real birthday: expression as we all sang to her!

Beautiful Bunting courtesy of Stell and Livi

Felt birthday hat from Stell and Livi

The best year ever....so far.

The pretty birthday girl in her hat!

She was enamored with the balloons.

Lyla managed to sleep through the excitement.

Moms & Babes.

Me, Q, and Aurora

Yo Gabba Gabba DVD! Color wonder marker set! A soccer ball!

cardigan-vintage, dress-Gymboree, heart tights-Walmart, sneakers-Converse (thrifted)

She really tried to blow out the candle!
Hamming it up for the camera.


Her first taste of cake (mostly icing!)

She didn't want it to end.  (Neither did Mama!)


I knew I wanted a personalized felt party hat to commemorate Aurora's special day, but Teresa of Etsy shop Stell and Livi offered to throw in something extra and made the beautiful bunting in the photo, personalized with Aurora's name (which will now hang in her room, once I fix it up this spring...more photos of that process to come!). Teresa does beautiful work and comes highly recommended for special birthday decorations that last.  Thank you, Teresa, for adding a special touch to the day!
 
I loved being with my family all weekend, getting to see my beautiful niece, celebrating our health and happiness and togetherness.  Pardon me if I get a little sappy, but I feel so blessed. Aurora changed my life, and this first year with her has been incredible. I look forward to the many, many more.  She grows, changes, and learns new things everyday, and she's the sweetest, smartest, spunkiest little thing.

xo,
Amanda

1 comments:

Merit said...

Super precious. I love the face about the piano. My son loves his, too. I may have to get a pillow pet.