Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Aurora on the Move

(Yes, she IS a cutie.)  Aurora is seven and a half months tomorrow--it's been a little while since I shared an update.  She is learning new things everyday. She's constantly making me laugh--and cry (tears of joy!).  I'm preparing to be a lot more active, as she's figured out how to maneuver herself around and across every room (still wiggling on her tummy, but crawling is not far behind--we predict it will be happening within the next week or so).  She's also finally getting a little pudge on her bones (thanks to a combination of formula, rice cereal breakfast, and a healthy dinner appetite).
 She's starting to recognize and "pose" for the camera.

 in her Madonna onesie and Crawler Covers ( baby legwarmers!), having a snack

 This is one sweet face, ladies and gentlemen.

 On the move--in another pair of Crawler Covers (a gift from my dear friend Amy!)

 I love how proud she is when she gets a toy she wants (or something she shouldn't have, like a cord. Time to childproof around these parts!)


 Look at that little belly!

Already hammin' it up for the cameras...

Every day is a joy and a challenge.  I put covers on the reachable electrical outlets last night and have started the process of researching baby gates for our stairs.  When she was tiny, these things seemed so far away, but now they're here.  I had a tearful Mommy moment the other day--she is definitely doing the "Mmm" sound and often says "Ma-ma-ma-ma."  Who knows if she understands it, but she does it when she wakes up from sleep/naps and when she falls and wants to be picked up.  I was changing her diaper and she looked right at me and said, "Ma-ma-ma-ma" and smiled.  I got all teary and kissed her, picked her up and said, "Yep, Mama! Ma-ma-ma!"  I think she knows.

I can't wait to see all the amazing things she'll do next, though I can't help but feel those inevitable I wish she'd stay like this forever feelings.

xo,
Manda

P.S. If you enjoy reading our blog, we'd be so thankful if you clicked below (it just takes two seconds, literally!) to vote for us as one of the Top Baby Blogs!

Top Baby, Daddy & Mommy Blogs on TopBabyBlogs.Com

0 comments: