Monday, September 20, 2010

Miskabelly Weekend Recap

Remember me? Amanda?  Yeah, it's been a while. I have a baby  and these two jobs that I work from home on top of Miskabelle and Miskabelly and a really cool husband I like to hang out with and stuff, and...I haven't had much time to blog.  Or think for that matter.

This weekend was a nice escape back to my parents to hang out with them and J, as well as get a photoshoot in. Phew.  The only downside was that Q couldn't come with me. :( He's been busy getting our house all ready for the wedding festivities and he had to coach soccer and hang with his girls this weekend, so Aurora and I drove up on Friday.  She was so good in the car! She played, napped, ate, played, napped.  I was relieved.  She did the same thing on the way home. Phew.

When I got there, everyone else was at work (I left at 6:30am because we got up with Q, who had to leave the house at 6), so Aurora and I hung out a bit, had a snack/bottle, then went to do a little shopping at my favorite thrift store, which was having a bag sale! Score!  After that, we met Jayme for a late lunch (which ended up being a smoothie) and then I went to get my hair cut (It's an asymmetrical "lob" and I love it!).  After that, we hung out with my parents, went out to dinner, and chilled for the evening.

The next morning, I got to sleep in because Grandma wanted to take Aurora and give her the 7am bottle and play with her.  Jayme came over while I was sleeping, but once I woke up, we got ready and went on another thrifty trip (which was a success!) while my mom watched Aurora. Uncle Andrew came with us.  We all got coffee at our favorite little shop. Then we ate lunch and commenced the photo shoot... (these are just some outtakes from promo shots we were trying to get done):

 Can you see the lob? Also, my all-vintage outfit? And J's bump? And Rora's vintage sailor dress?
Rora and Mama. I could not love a person more than I love this little gal.
playing with Uncle Andy (who was the only one who could make her laugh!)
Aunt Jayme, getting her practice in!

my little beauty in her little vintage dress.

It was a great day! Our dad cooked a HUGE family dinner, and our cousins came over with their two kids.  I love a full house (when they're not all my kids! ha.).  I came back to Virginia early on Sunday so Q and I could get more work done...everyone will be down here again in two weeks! I can't wait!

After enduring a lot of stress the past month, I made a professional decision to leave one of my jobs so I could focus more on doing what I love (writing, running our Etsy shops, spending uninterrupted time with my husband).  I'm confident that this is the right decision and everything will fall into place, financially and otherwise.  I feel like I can breathe again.  And I feel a renewed purpose and energy.  So expect more posts from me very soon (and Jayme's weekly update tomorrow!).

Do your thang (and please, if you enjoy the blog at all, click below to vote--two seconds, that's LITERALLY all it takes to help us do our thang.),
Amanda 

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

0 comments: