We were super excited to come across this newly opened etsy shop-- DeLaVie Designs. We usually like to feature stuff for babies but figured it was about time we bring something to the table for all you hard-working moms! Owner/designer, Stacy, creates delicate jewelry using sterling silver and freshwater pearls.
Let's get to know Stacy:
What does your life outside of Etsy/blogging look like?
I have been married for 3 1/2 years to my husband and am a mother to our beautiful 19-month-old little girl. I am also a nurse and work part-time in the pre- and post-surgical area.
Describe yourself (or ask someone else to do it!) in three words.
I had my husband do this. After a few jokes he said: "creative, compassionate, and comedic".
Fall piece you can’t live without:
Tall boots and leggings. When the "legging" trend came out I swore I'd never wear them. Well, I caved. And now I love it! So comfy and stylish!
Most recent fashion-related purchase:
I don't shop much so my most recent purchase was back in October - I bought a Nine West purse. It is so cute! It is gray/brown and has fabric flowers on the side.
Do you craft/make anything else outside of what’s in your shop?
I enjoy painting but haven't done that in a while! My husband is actually quite artistic, too. He is a graphic designer and dabbles in things like vinyl signs, t-shirts, and posters.
Any pet peeves?
Clutter. Makes me feel disorganized and distracted!
Being a back seat driver. I hate not being in control.
Crab legs. I could eat those every day of my life!
Three bands/singers you can’t get enough of:
Coldplay. Frank Sinatra. Needtobreathe. And all things country.
Another blog you follow regularly:
All TOTALLY up my alley. I love interior design!
What made you decide to start a shop?
I was looking for a necklace that I could have my daughter's name on so I'd have something to keep close to my heart when I went back to work after my maternity leave. When I showed it to my husband, he said, "you could make those". So, here I am!
Significance of your shop name?
"De la vie" means "from life" in the French language. That is where I draw my inspirations... from life.
Favorite item in your shop right now?
I'd have to say my favorite right now is the long rectangle pendant. It's sleek and simple and easy to add pendants as more children are added to the family.
Stacy will soon be launching her own website:www.delaviedesigns.com if you'd like to place an order!
Stacy is generously offering her tiny bloom necklace to one of our lucky readers!
The winner gets to pick an initial to put on the charm.
Here's how to enter:
1. Follow our blog! Once you become a follower, just leave a comment below, telling what your favorite item from DeLaVie Designs is. If you’re already following the blog and our twitter—simply leave a comment, telling us what your favorite item from DeLaVie Designs is!
2. Follow Miskabelly (@miskabelly) on twitter…and again, just a quick comment to let us know you did (with your twitter user name) and share what your favorite item from DeLaVie Designs is.
3. Once we tweet about the giveaway, you can re-tweet to gain an extra entry!
4. HEART Miskabelly on Etsy (leave us a comment to let us know!)
5. HEART DeLaVie Designs on Etsy (leave us a comment again!)
6. "Like" DeLaVie Designs on facebook (www.facebook.com/delaviedesigns)
This contest will run through next Friday, March 18th and the winner will be chosen by a random number generator.
Manda & Jayme