Friday, August 19, 2011

Lyla { 8 months }

And here we are... 2/3 of the way through Lyla's first year.  I want to be nostalgic but honestly, the older and bigger she gets the more fun (and easy) she gets.
This past month Lyla has learned SO much.  She pulls herself up to stand, waves, claps....
Recently we've been sharing a nectarine each day.  I take a bite then hold it up to her mouth and she gums the fruit and sucks out all the juice.  She loves it!  If I grab a nectarine and hold it up to show her, she smiles, crawls full speed over to me and pulls herself up on the nearest piece of furniture (or my leg), waiting for her bite.  It makes me so happy.  Sharing a piece of fruit with my girl.


Our sleep situation is still in dire straits.  I pretty much dread nighttime.  I will save that for another post though....  Naps are getting a little better.  She prefers being held, but I'm starting to lay her down after she's slept a good hour or so in my arms (so if she wakes up, at least she got some sort of nap time in).  Other co-sleepers--where do your babies nap?  In bed?  On you?  In a crib?  I lay Lyla in our bed with pillows piled up on either side.  If I lay her in the crib she immediately wakes up.  Ugh.  (again...more on that in a later post)

Napping on daddy.  Moms always seem to be the one behind the camera, huh?
No doctor's appointment this month so I don't really know how much bigger she's gotten.  She still has hardly grown out of any clothes.  The onesie she's wearing in the photo above is 0-3 months.  Granted, she used to be swimming in it and now it fits just right.  Andrew and I were both small kids so we're thinking she'll be a tiny kid too.  Which is good considering that she loves to be carried and held.... And I am such a softy.  I never pass up the opportunity to hold and snuggle Lyla.  I am honestly savoring every. single. moment.

xo
Jayme


2 comments:

Jenarcissist @ the closet narcissist said...

Not gonna pretend to have all the answers here since our baby hasn't been born yet, and also, every baby is different no matter how much advice people give...but we are planning on using the Arm's Reach co-sleeper. It attaches to your mattress, so it's almost like she's in the bed with you but not. If she needs you, you just roll over and get her. She obviously needs to be as close to Mom and Dad as possible, and I don't think there's a such thing as spoiling such a young baby or a need for teaching them independence just yet (that's just me) - at the same time, I know y'all would really love to get some sleep!! :) We're also going with something called the Rock 'n Play Sleeper, which is sort of like a cradle from what I can tell - it's small and portable so that you could set it up next to your bed or take it anywhere around the house. It's slightly inclined instead of keeping the baby totally flat. Don't know if either one of those things might help you, but thought I'd throw 'em out there! :)

Unknown said...

Big girl growing up! Hang in there Mama! Sending hugs your way!