Sunday, January 30, 2011

My Vintage (Almost) Toddler and an Update

 Oh, hey, Amanda here.  It's been so long since I've blogged and that's because we're keeping busy with Etsy business and birthday planning!   I can hardly believe that Aurora is going to be one year old on February 11th.

Weight update (Week 11 on Weight Watchers):  I'm still down 12 pounds. I keep fluctuating--snowy weather is not conducive to exercise, but it's extremely conducive to comfort food.  The heat is on, since I turn 29 on February 15th.  I am hardcore On Plan (Weight Watchers) the next two weeks, and will keep you updated here on the blog.  You can also see some of my recent outfit posts on the Miskabelle blog, since it was one of my 2011 goals to get dressed and feel like a hot mama at least a few times a week. I'm feeling good, but I want to feel great.  It's time.  I deserve it.

I'm not sure I'll be able to think of Aurora as a toddler until she's really walking and talking up a storm (though she's saying a lot these days:  hey, hi, mama, dadda, UP!, nana (banana), uh oh, malyn and mmmMA (Madelyn and Emma, her big sisters), and THIS), but all of those baby books consider the second year of life the beginning of toddler-dom.  She's definitely toddling around, but not walking yet.  Just a cruiser. She also tried to sing sometimes, which is the cutest thing ever--unless you count her dancing, which is equally cute.

Yesterday was a vintage outfit day for my babe, so I wanted to share it with you all.  This is one of my favorite vintage dress finds in a while, a C.I. Castro layer dress.  Aurora was the height of cuteness (even if she wouldn't let me get a really clear shot). She pushed the sewing chair all the way along the wall.


 And I'll leave you with another favorite recent shot of Aurora and Daddy--she was stroking his hair while she had her evening bottle.  It was the sweetest thing ever.

I could not love these two more if I tried.  I feel like the luckiest gal in the world.

Thanks for reading--and I promise to write more soon!  (Have you entered our Six Little Hands giveaway?  Today is the last day to enter...a brand new giveaway coming your way on Tuesday!)

xo,
Amanda

1 comments:

Katy @ Wiggle Wagon Blog said...

What a sweet photo! Girls are always sweet to their daddies.
I personally count toddlers as any baby that can walk or "toddle."