Monday, October 3, 2011

Hello Autumn

Autumn is by far my favorite season to decorate for.  I love switching over to warm colors and burning my various spice-scented candles.  Our home has accents of red and orange already, so I simply add some pumpkins and leaves, a wreath on the door and mums in our hanging baskets out front.  Here are some of the vintage and non-vintage pieces I love.

Dining Room:

1- I found this beaded chandelier in an antique shop.  My guess would be that it's from the 60s.  The hardware was bright and shiny silver when I purchased it and the beads were vibrant orange.  I finally decided to spray it with a coat of copper paint to tone it down a bit... There's no electricity hook up above our dining room table, but this gives the feel of a lighting fixture.

2- This card was recently sent to me by my grandma.  It was so pretty I had to put it on display!  I think I will save it to decorate again with next year as well.  Or perhaps even frame it.

3- I recently re-did this wall.  It used to be home to a print in a thick black frame and black iron sconces on either side.  I think the new mix of various copper and gold frames warms up the wall.

4-  Full view of the bureau.  Lots of orange and yellow candles.  So pretty to light them all at night and see the shadow of the chandelier.

Living Room:

1- This little vintage pumpkin was from my great-grandparents house.  I love how dainty it is.

2- The ceramic pumpkin sits on the TV stand where there usually is a candle.  It's next to a pewter pitcher (vintage, via my husband's grandma).

3- This plush pumpkin was gifted to me by my grandma while I was in college, to decorate my dorm room.  Not sure of it's origin....but I like that it is a baby-friendly decoration!

4- The pumpkin sits on top of the TV next to some (more!) candles and a vintage pitcher.  I have a whole table setting worth of these leaf-y pieces.  Very 70s.

Thanks for taking a peek into my home!   I'm sort of a minimalist when it comes to decor... but I think a few little things can make a space feel special (and festive!) and pretty vintage things certainly do the trick.

xo
Jayme

1 comments:

Jamie said...

oh my...i would do very bad things for that chandelier...


your house is gorgeous, jayme!