Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A 24 Hour Visit

Last week I had the opportunity to go on a mid-week girls night out, to see one of my all-time favorite bands.  What band, you ask?  Get ready for it....Hanson.  Please spare me the "they're still around??" and other cliche jokes about high voices and long girly hair.  I get really defensive about my boys!  They've actually been touring and putting out new records since the Mmmbop days and I always make it a point to go see a show if they're in my close vicinity.  Actually, this time around (did you catch that Hanson inuendo?!) they were in Amanda's neighborhood.  So Andrew, Lyla and me traveled to Falls Church, VA for a 24 hour mini vacation.  I met up with two of my good friends (one who I hadn't seen in 7 years!) for the show.  It was a lovely evening.  I still don't like leaving Lyla when I don't have to, but I knew she'd have fun with Aunt Amanda, Uncle Quentin, Aurora (and her Daddy).

My evening started with this heartbreaking text from Andrew:


Lyla was fine when I left, but apparently Aurora was crying hysterically.  Breaks my heart!!

Here is my one and only photo from the show:

And Andrew continued to document the evening while I was away, via Instagram:
Lyla with her Aunt Amanda

Aurora and Lyla, playing in the mirror (yep, Lyla is licking it).

The next day, we stayed for the afternoon to get some more time in with Amanda and Aurora.  Here are a few of my favorite shots from the day:


They think I'm hilarious (at least someone does!).


Amanda, with the new blonde hair (she looks gorgeous...I'm so jealous!).

So, there you have it!  A 24 hour trip filled with good friends, good music, and cute babies.
(Click HERE to see me and Amanda's full outfits, posted on the Miskabelle blog!)

xo
Jayme

1 comments:

The Funky Junkie said...

Wait. Hanson was here?! Ahhh I can't believe I missed that! I love their new stuff....they came to Penn State TWICE while I was there and I missed it both times because I didn't get tickets in time. :-( One day my childhood dream will come true.

In other news, you all look beautiful!