Sunday, December 11, 2011

Festive

In hopes of getting a little more into the holiday spirit, we went to our local "Festival of Trees" this past Thursday.  The event consists of local businesses and organizations decorating their own tree and then you "vote" by donating money towards the organization who's tree you like best.
Lyla has been loving all the Christmas lights this season (she points and smiles) so I knew she would enjoy it.  There was even a Santa there so we did a little impromptu photo shoot (I hadn't planned on taking her for Santa pics this year because I didn't think she would appreciate it too much...and judging by her reaction I think my assumption was correct).

Some of my favorite trees/ideas:

Our low-rate Santa photos (seriously?  He could have at least sat in front of the trees for a nicer backdrop...):

And just some extra snaps of the pretty trees, Lyla with her new top front teeth (!), and the necessary family shot [and on a side note--notice we're carrying around a blanket here.  Is that what other parents do in the winter?  I mean, you can't have their winter coat on in the carseat and it is SUCH a pain to get it on and off.  So we have just been wrapping Lyla in her blanket (that we cover her with in the car) when we're going in and out.  We really only use her coat if we're going to be outside for an extended period.  Are we lazy?] :


Andrew has been off work for the past 5 days and it has been GLORIOUS.  So I will be sad for tomorrow.  Back to our regular schedule.  It has been a while since I've had the Sunday blues this bad.  Christmas, please come quick!

xo
Jayme

0 comments: