Saturday, September 25, 2010

Is that ME? (Part 2)

It's no secret that motherhood changes you.  Aurora has completely turned my world around.  I want to be a better person for her. I want her to have someone to look up to.

It's also no secret to anyone in my life that I went through a rough patch where I was trying to "figure out who I am," and this included: getting a divorce, dating a string of people who were really unkind to me, going out a LOT, getting my lip pierced, trying to be in a band (yeah, I know), and allowing people to use me and my talents just because I was afraid of being alone. Phew. Yikes.

Then, I got pregnant.  And I fell in love with Q.  (Yes, in that order.)  And since then, nothing has been the same--and nothing will be again.  I am secure in who I am, as a mom, wife, and woman.  I know I'm funny, fun, creative, and talented, and I only open my heart to people who want to know me without strings attached. I've become a good judge of character upon first meeting someone.

I've gained a few pounds from pregnancy and stress, changed hairstyles a few times, taken out my lip ring, and evolved my style just a bit (admittedly mostly due to the weight gain/body change--dressing curves can be a challenge!).  I feel peaceful in the midst of a very chaotic life. And I'm so thankful.

I still have three tattoos, and am planning at least two more...and sometimes I miss the lip ring because it made me feel badass and invincible...but then I realize how much more badass and invincible I feel being a mother.

xo,
Manda

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com!

0 comments: